cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nitan Kainth <nitankai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Table "Rename"
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 12:01:52 GMT
No, it’s a standard method for renaming tables/kespaces.

For Cassandra datafiles can be renamed, as long as table definition and path is correct and
version is same.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 6, 2018, at 5:58 AM, Marcel Villet <marcelv@ctlab.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> I did an experiment whereby I recreated a table but with a different name and copied
the original sstable files to the sstable directory of the new table.

> When I queried the new table the old data was shown.
>
> So it looks like this trick worked.
>
> Are there any caveats with copying data this way?
>
> Thanks
> Marcel Villet
> Osprey Pro Team Leader and Lead Architect
> CT LAB (PTY) LTD - Bringing Quality To Power
> T  +27 (0)21-880-9915  |   F  +27 (0)21-880-1088  |  www.ctlab.com  |  www.pq-portal.com

> 15 Termo Lane, Techno Park, Stellenbosch, South Africa, 7600  |  PO Box 897, Stellenbosch,7599.
> <image001.jpg>
>

> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
email in error please notify the system administrator.