cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jürgen Albersdorfer <Juergen.Albersdor...@zweiradteile.net>
Subject Urgent Problem - Disk full
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 11:32:41 GMT
Hi,

I have an urgent Problem. - I will run out of disk space in near future.
Largest Table is a Time-Series Table with TimeWindowCompactionStrategy (TWCS) and default_time_to_live
= 0
Keyspace Replication Factor RF=3. I run C* Version 3.11.2
We have grown the Cluster over time, so SSTable files have different Dates on different Nodes.

From Application Standpoint it would be safe to loose some of the oldest Data.

Is it safe to delete some of the oldest SSTable Files, which will no longer get touched by
TWCS Compaction any more, while Node is clean Shutdown? - And doing so for one Node after
another?

Or maybe there is a different way to free some disk space? - Any suggestions?

best regards
Jürgen Albersdorfer