cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to restrict users to specific DC.
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2018 10:55:30 GMT
That seems to be more of a network segmentation issue. Protect the other nodes behind a firewall
/ security group. Each node in the different DCs would be able to talk to each other but the
user client machine can only access the traffic only DC

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.singh@anant.us

Anant Corporation

On Apr 6, 2018, 4:47 PM -0400, Pranay akula <pranay.akula2323@gmail.com>, wrote:
> Thanks Jim for your reply,
>
> > ... just in case even he change his contact points he shouldn't be able execute
queries on DC2.

>  What I mean was we have 2 DC only 1 serving traffic, Let's say an individual user wants
to run a query from cqlsh/Devcenter on DC serving requests, I want to prevent it.

> I kind of think it's not possible but wanted to know if there were ways to implement
it like killing the session or similar

> Thanks
> Pranay
>
> > On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 12:22 PM Jim Witschey <jim.witschey@datastax.com> wrote:
> > > Pranay,

say an user A is connecting to DC1 and executing queries, how to can I restrict that user
to that particular DC...