cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Villet <marc...@ctlab.com>
Subject Cassandra Table "Rename"
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 10:58:26 GMT
Hi All

I did an experiment whereby I recreated a table but with a different name and copied the original
sstable files to the sstable directory of the new table.

When I queried the new table the old data was shown.

So it looks like this trick worked.

Are there any caveats with copying data this way?

Thanks
Marcel Villet
Osprey Pro Team Leader and Lead Architect
CT LAB (PTY) LTD - Bringing Quality To Power
T  +27 (0)21-880-9915  |   F  +27 (0)21-880-1088  |  www.ctlab.com<http://www.ctlab.com/>
 |  www.pq-portal.com<http://www.pq-portal.com/rdPage.aspx>
15 Termo Lane, Techno Park, Stellenbosch, South Africa, 7600  |  PO Box 897, Stellenbosch,7599.
[cid:E9CDFBB1-258E-48CA-8E20-3ED934168E78]

in error please notify the system manager:administrator@ctlab.com