cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anomaly detection
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2018 10:07:37 GMT
I’ve used OpsCenter, New Relic, Splunk, and ELK and all of them have ways to visualize what’s
going on. Eventually I just forked a cfstats2csv python program and started making formatted
excel files which made it easy to spot anomalies and filter keyspaces / tables across nodes.
I have some basic anomaly detection based on std. deviation but it’s only a static snapshot
based detection. I think you want something that may be looking at the time series of the
whole dataset.

Regardless cfstats , tpstats are good places to see
What’s going on and then determine what you need to monitor via other tools.

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.singh@anant.us

Anant Corporation

On Mar 12, 2018, 10:02 PM -0400, Fernando Ipar <ipar.fernando@gmail.com>, wrote:
> Hello Salvatore,
>
> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:12 PM, D. Salvatore <dd.salvatore@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Rahul,
> > > I was mainly thinking about performance anomaly detection but I am also interested
in other types such as fault detection, data or queries anomalies.

> > I know VividCortex (http://vividcortex.com) supports Cassandra (2.1 or greater)
and I also know it does automatic (they call it adaptive) fault detection for MySQL. I took
a quick look at their website and could not find an explicit list of features they support
for Cassandra but it's possible that fault detection is one of them too, so if SaaS is an
option I'd recommend you take a look at them.