cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "D. Salvatore" <>
Subject Read latency
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:52:51 GMT
Hello everyone,
I am benchmarking a Cassandra installation on Azure composed of 4 nodes
(Standard_D2S_V3 - 2vCPU and 8GB ram) with a replication factor of 2.
To benchmark this testbed, I am using a single YCSB instance with the
workload C (100% read request), a Consistency level ONE and only 10 clients
( so very low load).

However, I founded that the average latency gathered by YCSB is much
different from the one obtained from the JMX
I ran the workload for over an hour and:
- YCSB returns around 4000 us as average latency
- JMX returns around 780 us as average latency

It is a quite an important difference in performance that I don't know how
to justify.
Do you have any idea from where this difference comes from?

Regarding the throughput, the value is the same across both the reading

Thank in advance

View raw message