cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Hannu Kröger <hkro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nodetool Repair --full
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2018 15:52:48 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

If you want to repair just one node (for example if it has been down for more than 3h), run
“nodetool repair -full” on that node. This will bring all data on that node up to date.

If you want to repair all data on the cluster, run “nodetool repair -full -pr” on each
node. This will run full repair on all nodes but it will do it so only the primary range for
each node is fixed. If you do it on all nodes, effectively the whole token range is repaired.
You can run the same without -pr to get the same effect but it’s not efficient because then
you are doing the repair RF times on all data instead of just repairing the whole data once.

I hope this clarifies,
Hannu

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/tradeweb?trk=top_nav_home>   <image003.jpg>
<http://www.twitter.com/Tradeweb>
> —————————————————————————————————————————
> A leading marketplace <http://www.tradeweb.com/About-Us/Awards/> for electronic
fixed income, derivatives and ETF trading

> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products /
services, please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com <mailto:contactus@tradeweb.com>
or by writing to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe
Limited (company number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy
policy, visit our website @ www.tradeweb.com <http://www.tradeweb.com/>.