cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Brotman" <kenbrot...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: RE: What versions should the documentation support now?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 06:39:39 GMT
I show a 3.0 and a 3.11 branch but no 4.0.  I’m at https://github.com/apache/cassandra .

From: Dinesh Joshi [mailto:dinesh.joshi@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:30 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: RE: What versions should the documentation support now?

Kenneth,

The only 4.x docs should go in trunk. If you would like to contribute docs to the 2.x and/or
3.x releases, please make pull requests against branches for those versions.

During normal development process, the docs should be updated in trunk. When a release is
cut from trunk, any further fixes to the docs pertaining to that release should go into that
branch. This is in principle the same process that the code follows. So the docs will live
with their respective branches. You should not put the documentation for older releases in
trunk because it will end up confusing the user.

It looks like the in-tree docs were introduced in 4.x. They seem to also be present in the
3.11 branch. If you're inclined, you might back port them to the older 3.x & 2.x releases
and update them.

Personally, I think focusing on making the 4.x docs awesome is a better use of your time.

Thanks,

Dinesh

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018, 11:03:04 PM PDT, Kenneth Brotman <kenbrotman@yahoo.com.INVALID>