cassandra-user mailing list archives

From shalom sagges <>
Subject Version Rollback
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 14:18:37 GMT
Hi All,

I'm planning to upgrade my C* cluster to version 3.x and was wondering
what's the best way to perform a rollback if need be.

If I used snapshot restoration, I would be facing data loss, depends when I
took the snapshot (i.e. a rollback might be required after upgrading half
the cluster for example).

If I add another DC to the cluster with the old version, then I could point
the apps to talk to that DC if anything bad happens, but building it is
really time consuming and requires a lot of resources.

Can anyone provide recommendations on this matter? Any ideas on how to make
the upgrade foolproof, or at least "really really safe"?

View raw message