cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Guyomar <>
Subject Cassandra Chunk Cache hints ?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2018 13:35:08 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find information on the Chunk Cache, and the "only" thing I
found so far is the Jira : where this
functionality was added.

I'm wondering if this is something to be adjusted when it's full ? Are
there some rule of thumb for file_cache_size_in_mb ?

As an example, on a quite new cluster with barely 100Gb per node, this
cache is full:

Chunk Cache            : entries 7680, size 480 MiB, capacity 480 MiB,
1059773 misses, 1964564 requests, 0.461 recent hit rate, 52360.062
microseconds miss latency

I'm wondering if I could benefit from reducing the number of "misses" by
increasing this cache ?

Is anyone tuning this cache already for some use case ?

Thank you

@Kenneth might be worth an entry in the documentation maybe ?

View raw message