cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jean Carlo <jean.jeancar...@gmail.com>
Subject Initializing a multiple node cluster (multiple datacenters)
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 16:36:06 GMT
Hello

I would like to clarify this,

In order to initialize  a  cassandra multi dc cluster, without data. If I
follow the documentation datastax

https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/initialize/initializeMultipleDS.html

It says

   - auto_bootstrap: false (Add this setting *only* when initializing a
   clean node with no data.)

But I dont understand the way this works regarding to the auto_bootstraps.

If all the machines make their own tokens in a ramdon way using
murmur3partitioner and vnodes , it isn't probable that two nodes will have
the tokens in common ?

It is not better to bootstrap first the seeds with auto_bootstrap: false
and then the rest of the nodes with auto_bootstrap: true ?

Thank you for the help

Jean Carlo

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it" Alan Kay