cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Iliev <>
Subject vnodes status verification
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:32:16 GMT
Hello C* Gurus,

I am quite new to cassandra so I am struggling over the concent of vnodes
and how to verify if those are properly enabled on my cluster.

I have the num_tokens in yaml set to 256 across all nodes and initial_token
is commented out of the config.

Apart from that I cannot find any other configuration needed to be applied
for this to work, but I'm also not sure how to verify if this is OK apart
from doing "nodetool status" which shows this:

|/ State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving
--  Address        Load       Tokens       Owns    Host ID
DN    125.08 GiB  256          ?
      0c90ef09-097f-4e24-80ca-fc87e3c44e3c  RAC1
UN   116.3 GiB  256          ?
      59e194df-dc44-4a82-a95c-2aac3d5292dc  RAC1
UN     38.89 GiB  256          ?
      87745b2e-3be9-4dc9-a39d-298830657d05  RAC1
UN    111.93 GiB  256          ?
      a4666251-816a-424b-a374-63da2b9a3dab  RAC1

Is there anything else I can check to verify if vnodes are "created" ?

Also is there a way to get a list of the vnodes in a cluster or any other
info about it that may be valuable for managing those ?

Or is the concept I have about vnodes wrong and there are no such
representations as seperate nodes in the cluster for example?

Thank you,
*Best regards*
Ivan I. Iliev
System Administrator

Melexis Bulgaria Ltd.
2 Samokovsko shose Blvd.
1138 Sofia

Mobile:+359 88 9221923
E-mail: iai <> <>

The contents of this e-mail are CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY. Please read
our disclaimer at

View raw message