cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hints folder missing in Cassandra
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 19:25:37 GMT
Do you have any automation being applied via chef or likewise? Was the environment built using
automation or using established images ?

--
Rahul Singh
rahul.singh@anant.us

Anant Corporation

On Feb 7, 2018, 10:37 AM -0600, test user <casstu15@gmail.com>, wrote:
> The directory /var/lib/cassandra/hints was created, when I brought up the cluster. I
am running into this issue until after the cluster is up and running for about 2 weeks.

> Regards,
> Cassandra User
>
> > On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 1:28 AM, Kyrylo Lebediev <Kyrylo_Lebediev@epam.com>
wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > Not sure what could be the reason, but the issue is obvious: directory /var/lib/cassandra/hints
is missing or cassandra user doesn't have enough permissions on it.

> > > Regards,
> > > Kyrill

O_RDONLY) failed, errno (2).
> > > For some reason, the hints folder on node1 is missing. Not sure how it got
deleted. One node in the cluster always seems to run into this issue.