cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Brotman" <>
Subject RE: Gathering / Curating / Organizing Cassandra Best Practices & Patterns
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:25:33 GMT

My tone changed as I studied in more detail the thread.  He begin with a well-intended but
ill-advised inquiry, very public inquiry at that which itself was problematic.  It’s not
a board member’s place to push their weight around like that.  That’s board member training
101.  Not his job.  He stepped in it.  Go through staff.  Very poorly handled.  I’ll give
him the benefit of the doubt that he meant well.  We have a problem.  It must be fixed.

As to getting caught in the middle I will let you ponder that.  I have to help get Cassandra
out of Document Hell!!!

Kenneth Brotman

From: Eric Plowe []
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: Gathering / Curating / Organizing Cassandra Best Practices & Patterns

How did you get "caught in the middle" of this "stuff"? You are the one bringing it up? Also,
your tone switched between calling Chris a "well intended ASF" board member, to calling him
an "idiot". He asked a perfectly reasonable question, and then other questions followed as
a result. If you want to contribute to the community, please start by being respectful to
all members of the community.

Eric Plowe