cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Brotman" <kenbrot...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Gathering / Curating / Organizing Cassandra Best Practices & Patterns
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:42:22 GMT
Any efforts described below should be aligned with, complement, enhance, fill in the outstanding
work of DataStax Academy.

Kenneth Brotman

From: Kenneth Brotman [mailto:kenbrotman@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2018 10:16 AM
To: 'user@cassandra.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Gathering / Curating / Organizing Cassandra Best Practices & Patterns

To Rahul,

This is your official email (just from me as an individual) requesting your assistance to
help solve the knowledge management problem. I can appreciate the work you put into the Awesome
Cassandra list.  It is difficult to keep everything up to date.  I’ve been there too.

The golden trophy if you want to do the absolute best thing is a full-fledged professional
development initiative for Cassandra.   From an instructional design view, what you do is
create a body of knowledge and exhaustive list of competencies, some call KSA’s: knowledge,
skills and abilities; then you do a gap analysis to find the areas in practice where gaps
exists between the competencies desired and those of practitioners, then generate a mix of
media for difference learning styles in a structured properly sequenced series of easy to
work through steps complete with apperception exercises, and everyone will then have a smooth
path towards mastery.  It’s that easy.

So, yes let’s turn it up a few notches.

Thank you,

Kenneth Brotman