cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Steinmaurer, Thomas" <thomas.steinmau...@dynatrace.com>
Subject Cleanup blocking snapshots - Options?
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2018 16:12:15 GMT
Hello,

we are running 2.1.18 with vnodes in production and due to (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-11155)
we can't run cleanup e.g. after extending the cluster without blocking our hourly snapshots.

What options do we have to get rid of partitions a node does not own anymore?

*         Using a version which has this issue fixed, although upgrading to 2.2+, due to various
issues, is not an option at the moment

*         Temporarily disabling the hourly cron job before starting cleanup and re-enable
after cleanup has finished

*         Any other way to re-write SSTables with data a node owns after a cluster scale out

Thanks,
Thomas

notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN
91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4040 Linz, Austria,
Freist?dterstra?e 313