cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Emery <>
Subject RequestResponseStage Threadpool
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:57:57 GMT

We have our Cassandra 2.1 cluster being monitored by checking the JMX
on the org.apache.cassandra.metrics type=ThreadPools bean

We've got a threshold of 15 for warnings as per however we
don't know if this is a sensible warning threshold as this does
occasionally warn at the moment however there is no real obvious cause
in the Cassandra logs.

So 2 questions:

- What does this thread-pool actually do? All the examples are so
abstract i.e. "executes callbacks"; my understanding is that if a
client queries the cluster and then never reads the result it would be
in the RequestResponseStage Pending until it times out?

- Is there any tracing or similar that can be used to inspect the
content of the thread-pool so we can see what it actually is that's

Robert Emery

l  *Codeweavers 2017 Review Infographic

*What updates would you like to receive from Codeweavers via email?

*Phone:* 0800 021 0888  * Email: *
*Codeweavers Ltd* | Barn 4 | Dunston Business Village | Dunston | ST18 9AB
Registered in England and Wales No. 04092394 | VAT registration no. 974
9705 63

<>  [image:]
<>  [image:] <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: