cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Oleksandr Shulgin <oleksandr.shul...@zalando.de>
Subject Re: New token allocation and adding a new DC
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 17:32:32 GMT
On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 5:19 AM, kurt greaves <kurt@instaclustr.com> wrote:

> Didn't know that about auto_bootstrap and the algorithm. We should
> probably fix that. Can you create a JIRA for that issue?

Will do.

> Workaround for #2 would be to truncate system.available_ranges after
> "bootstrap".

Thanks, that seems to help.

Initially we cannot login with cqlsh to run the truncate command on such a
"bootstrapped" node.  But with the help of yet another workaround, namely
pulling in the roles data by means of repairing system_auth keyspace only,
it seems to be possible.  At least we see that netstats reports the ongoing
streaming operations this time.

--
Alex