cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eunsu Kim <eunsu.bil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Even after the drop table, the data actually was not erased.
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2018 01:56:01 GMT
Thank you for your response.  As you said, the auto_bootstrap setting was turned on.
The actual data was deleted with the 'nodetool clearsnapshot' command.
This command seems to apply only to one node. Can it be applied cluster-wide? Or should I
run this command on each node?

> On 12 Jan 2018, at 8:10 PM, Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> However, the actual size of the data directory did not decrease at all. Disk Load monitored
by JMX has been decreased.

> This sounds like 'auto_snapshot' is enabled. This option will trigger a snapshot before
any table drop / truncate to prevent user mistakes mostly. Then the data is removed but as
it is still referenced by the snapshot (hard link), space cannot be freed.

> Running 'nodetool clearsnapshot' should help reducing the dataset size in this situation.
>

> The client fails to establish a connection and I see the following exceptions in the
Cassandra logs.
> org.apache.cassandra.db.UnknownColumnFamilyException: Couldn't find table for cfId…
>
> This does not look like a failed connection to me but rather a try to query some inexistent
data. If that's the data you just deleted (keyspace / table), this is expected. If not there
is an other issue, I hope not related to the delete in this case...

> C*heers,
> -----------------------
> Alain Rodriguez - @arodream - alain@thelastpickle.com <mailto:alain@thelastpickle.com>
> France / Spain
>
> The Last Pickle - Apache Cassandra Consulting
> http://www.thelastpickle.com <http://www.thelastpickle.com/>

> hi everyone
>
> On the development server, I dropped all the tables and even keyspace dropped to change
the table schema.
> Then I created the keyspace and the table.
>
> However, the actual size of the data directory did not decrease at all. Disk Load monitored
by JMX has been decreased.

> <Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 3.50.22 PM.png>
>

> After that, Cassandra does not work normally.
>
> The client fails to establish a connection and I see the following exceptions in the
Cassandra logs.

> org.apache.cassandra.db.UnknownColumnFamilyException: Couldn't find table for cfId…….org.apache.cassandra.io.FSReadError:
java.io.IOException: Digest mismatch exception……