cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Meg Mara <mm...@digitalriver.com>
Subject inc repairs aren't updating repairedat timestamp
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 16:45:40 GMT
Hello,

I have v3.0.10. Cassandra incremental repair has not been updating the repairedat timestamp
on the sstables. Because of this jira : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-9143.
Going back to repair documentation, Datastax now seems to have changed their recommendation
from incremental to full repairs. https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/3.0/cassandra/tools/toolsRepair.html

But full repairs are much less performant than incremental. Is anyone else dealing with this
issue? How are you verifying that incremental repairs are functioning inspite of the repaired-at
timestamp never getting updated? What is the solution to this apart from moving to Cassandra
3.0.14 (not feasible for me at the moment.)? I'd appreciate any answers.

Thank you,
Meg Mara