cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Earl Lapus <>
Subject Re: Server errors during insert
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2017 02:42:47 GMT
Hi Jeff,

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Jeff Jirsa <> wrote:

> That looks like a real problem, but it's not immediately clear to me what
> it is.
> It's possible that it's a genuine disk failure (do you see other signs of
> that disk having read/write failures?), or more likely, some race in SASI
> that is causing the index file to be removed while it's being updated.

The disk is fine, so the SASI race issue is more likely the problem. I can
remove the SASI indices in the schema and see if those error logs will go

> If possible, I encourage you to open a JIRA with as much info as you can
> (the stacks are great, sanitized logs would be good too). JIRA is here:

I'll gather more logs and file a JIRA if I cannot find anything similar
that is reported already.

> You could also try upgrading to 3.11.1, there's always a chance it's been
> fixed (though I don't see anything in the 3.11.1 changelog that looks
> related).
I'll give this a shot and see what happens.

View raw message