cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jon Haddad <>
Subject Re: Reg:- Data modelling For E-Commerce Pattern data modelling for Search
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 01:50:02 GMT
1. No, Apache Cassandra is pretty terrible for search on it’s own.  Even with SASI.
2. Maybe, but it’s complicated, and doing it right takes a lot of experience.  I’d use
Elastic Search instead.

> On Dec 7, 2017, at 5:39 PM, @Nandan@ <> wrote:
> Hi Peoples,
> As currently around the world 60-70% websites are excelling with E-commerce in which
we have to store huge amount of data and select pattern based on Partial Search, Text match,
Full-Text Search and all.
> So below questions comes to mind :
> 1) Is Cassandra a correct choice for data modeling which gives complex Search patterned
as  Amazon or eBay is using?
> 2) If we will use denormalized data modeling then is it will be effective?
> Please clarify this.
> Thanks and Best regards,
> Nandan Priyadarshi

To unsubscribe, e-mail: