cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jacques-Henri Berthemet <jacques-henri.berthe...@genesys.com>
Subject RE: Solr Search With Apache Cassandra
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 08:37:43 GMT
Hi,

Apache Cassandra does not have Solr search, it’s Datastax Entreprise that supports such
feature, you should contact Datastax support for such questions.

Regards,
--
Jacques-Henri Berthemet

From: @Nandan@ [mailto:nandanpriyadarshi298@gmail.com]
Sent: lundi 20 novembre 2017 06:44
To: user <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Solr Search With Apache Cassandra

Hi All,
How Solr Search affect the READ operation from Cassandra?
I am having a table with 100 columns with Primary Key as UUID.
Note:- I am having 100 columns in a single table because of implemented Advance search on
multiple columns like E-commerce.

Now my concerns are:-
1) whenever do READ from a table based on a Primary key such as
select * from table1 where col1 = UUID;
It's working perfectly.
2) When even do READ from table with using solr on 1,2 columns such as
using col1:val1 and col2:val2
it is working also perfect.
3) But when I am performing a complex search, it is taking time such as 4-5 seconds.
even currently READ and WRITE operations are not on the massive scale.

So please tell me what's the cause and how to resolve this.
Thanks
Nandan Priyadarshi