cassandra-user mailing list archives

From kurt greaves <>
Subject Re: consistency against rebuild a new DC
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 20:02:34 GMT
No. Rebuilds don't keep consistency as they aren't smart enough to stream
from a specific replica, this all replicas for a rebuild can stream from a
single replica. You need to repair after rebuilding.

If you're using NTS with #racks >= RF you can stream consistently. if this
patch gets in

you could also achieve the same atm if you are using single tokens.

On 27 Nov. 2017 20:33, "Peng Xiao" <> wrote:

> Hi there,
> We know that we need to run repair regularly to make data
> consistency,suppose we have DC1 & DC2,
> if we add a new DC3 and rebuild from DC1,can we suppose the DC3 is
> consistency with DC1 at least at the time when DC3 is rebuild successfully?
> Thanks,
> Peng Xiao,

View raw message