cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jon Haddad <...@jonhaddad.com>
Subject Re: can't reach cassandra outside my lan
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 18:42:21 GMT
Cassandra is listening on your localhost address, 127.0.0.1, not your laptop’s address on
the network.  Set rpc_address to the address on your network, or use rpc_interface and let
Cassandra figure it out.

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 10:38 AM, Andrea Giordano <andrea.giordano.inf@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, osx user here.
> I have installed a simple Cassandra db on my laptop and I would like to query it outside
the Lan.
> So I set port forwarding and port triggering on my router (vodafone station) to link
external 9042 to internal 9042.

> Moreover I set on cassandra.yaml the broadcast_rpc_address to my router ip.
>
> Unfortunately, when I try to connect using java api I obtain:
>
> Exception in thread "main" com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.NoHostAvailableException:
All host(s) tried for query failed (tried: /HERE_THERE_IS_ROUTER_IP:9042 (com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.TransportException:
[/HERE_THERE_IS_ROUTER_IP:9042] Cannot connect))

> I noted that without setting broadcast_rpc_address I can reach Cassandra trough 127.0.0.1
so the database is active and running.