cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <adama.diab...@orange.com>
Subject RE: 3.0.6 - CorruptSSTableException
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 17:54:34 GMT
Hi Riccardo,

The following may help me, as the case described there is similar to yours !
https://engineering.gosquared.com/dealing-corrupt-sstable-cassandra

Regards.

De : Riccardo Ferrari [mailto:ferrarir@gmail.com]
Envoyé : lundi 6 novembre 2017 16:16
À : user@cassandra.apache.org
Objet : 3.0.6 - CorruptSSTableException

Hi list,

It happened that one of our EC2 instance of our cluster got rebooted. Unfortunately when back
Cassandra 3.0.6 failed to restart complaining about:

ERROR [NonPeriodicTasks:1] 2017-11-04 03:44:20,019 LogTransaction.java:204 - Unable to delete
/<some-path>/system/local/ma-292-big-Data.db as it does not exist
ERROR [CompactionExecutor:1] 2017-11-04 03:44:20,136 CassandraDaemon.java:195 - Exception
in thread Thread[CompactionExecutor:1,1,main]
org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.CorruptSSTableException: Corrupted: /<some-path>/system/local/ma-294-big-Data.db
     at org.apache.cassandra.io.sstable.format.big.BigTableScanner$KeyScanningIterator.computeNext(BigTableScanner.java:351)
~[apache-cassandra-3.0.6.jar:3.0.6]

I tried to run an sstablescrub system local with no luck as it seems to get stuck in an endless
loop:

Scrubbing BigTableReader(path='/<some-path>/system/local/ma-293-big-Data.db') (5862
bytes)
WARNING: Error reading row (stacktrace follows):
Retrying from row index; data is 5855 bytes starting at 7
WARNING: Retry failed too. Skipping to next row (retry's stacktrace follows)
WARNING: Error reading row (stacktrace follows):
WARNING: Row starting at position 0 is unreadable; skipping to next
WARNING: Data file row position 7 differs from index file row position -1
WARNING: Error reading row (stacktrace follows):

I do have a snapshot taken 3 hours before the crash.
Is it safe to restore that snapshot and run a repair?
Is there anything else I can try to recover ?

Any help much appreciated,
regards

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed
or falsified.
Thank you.