cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Andrea Giordano <andrea.giordano....@gmail.com>
Subject poolingOptions not serializable?
Date Sat, 04 Nov 2017 18:27:38 GMT
Hi,
I’m using datastax driver to use Cassandra as sink for some data streams with Apache Flink:
I have a problem executing my application raising an error about the full queue. I discovered
that the default value is 256, probably too low for my load, so I have raised it using poolingOptions
setting maxRequestsPerConnection as suggested here: http://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/java-driver/3.1/manual/pooling/
<http://docs.datastax.com/en/developer/java-driver/3.1/manual/pooling/>.

Unfortunately with the following code I obtain the following error when I launch it:

The implementation of the ClusterBuilder is not serializable.
The object probably contains or references non serializable fields.

My code:

PoolingOptions poolingOptions = new PoolingOptions();
		poolingOptions
		  .setMaxRequestsPerConnection(HostDistance.LOCAL, 32768)
		  .setMaxRequestsPerConnection(HostDistance.REMOTE, 10000);

ClusterBuilder cassandraBuilder = new ClusterBuilder() {

	@Override
	public Cluster buildCluster(Cluster.Builder builder) {
		return builder.addContactPoint(CASSANDRA_ADDRESS).withPort(CASSANDRA_PORT)..withPoolingOptions(poolingOptions).build();
	}
};

sinkBuilderNormalStream
	.setQuery("INSERT INTO keyspace_local.values_by_sensors_users"
		+ " (user, sensor, timestamp, rdf_stream, observed_value, value)"
	.setClusterBuilder(cassandraBuilder)
	.build();

How can I deal with it?