cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chandan Goel <cgo...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: system_auth permissions issue C* 2.0.14
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 16:46:56 GMT
Hi Avinash,

Please see if you have given permissions to the user (logged in) on the table and all related
Materialized Views.

Thanks
Chandan

From: pabbireddy avinash [mailto:pabbireddyavinash@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2017 3:06 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: system_auth permissions issue C* 2.0.14

Hi,
We are seeing system_auth related exceptions from application side on cassandra 2.0.14 .

    at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:267) [jersey-common-2.14.jar:na]
    at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315) [jersey-common-2.14.jar:na]
    at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297) [jersey-common-2.14.jar:na]
... 33 lines omitted ...
Caused by: com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.UnauthorizedException: User has no MODIFY permission
on <table Keyspace.columnfamily or any of its parents
    at com.datastax.driver.core.Responses$Error.asException(Responses.java:101) ~[cassandra-driver-core-2.1.7.jar:na]

When we check permissions on all the hosts we did not find any issues all the nodes have modify
, select permissions for the user . We repaired system_auth on all the nodes but still we
are seeing this issue time to time .We have RF=<number of nodes in DC > so that all
nodes will have system_auth data .

Please help me understand this issue .

Regards,
Avinash.