cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "marshall.s.king@virtustream.com"<marshall.s.k...@virtustream.com>
Subject Re: RE: Got error, removing parent repair session - When doing multiple repair -pr — Cassandra 3.x
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2017 19:00:42 GMT
Thanks Thomas for clarifying.

After reading all the threads I see some possible work arounds for this issue.  I'm still
not exactly sure what the recommended work around is for this issue with 3x with multiple
repairs.  ???

Marshall

On 2017-10-07 10:41, "Steinmaurer, Thomas" <thomas.steinmaurer@dynatrace.com> wrote:

> Marshall,
>
> -pr should not be used with incremental repairs, which is the default since 2.2. But
even when used with full repairs (-full option), this will cause troubles when running nodetool
repair -pr from several nodes concurrently. So, unfortunately, this does not seem to work
anymore and makes the operational side much more difficult to handle.

> We are in the same boat. There has been a lengthy discussion on that a few weeks ago
and was asked to open the following ticket:

> Thomas

Cassandra 3.x

> On cassandra 3.11 were getting an error (see error below) when doing multiple repairs
with -pr option. Performing this type of repair worked fine on Cassandra 2.x. My questions
are:

>     Is this a valid operation (nodetool repair -pr .. simultaneously on multiple nodes)
to do?
>     If question one is valid, then has anyone seen this error before and if so what do
you do to fix?

> The error is:
>
>     ERROR [AntiEntropyStage:1] 2017-09-26 16:10:41,135 RepairMessageVerbHandler.java:168
- Got error, removing parent repair session ERROR [AntiEntropyStage:1] 2017-09-26 16:10:41,135
CassandraDaemon.java:228 - Exception in thread Thread[AntiEntropyStage:1,5,main] java.lang.RuntimeException:
Parent repair session with id = 2689fa80-a2d5-11e7-9a55-b1319b7b5400 has failed.

> Thanks, Marshall

> The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only. It contains information
notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN
91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4040 Linz, Austria,
Freistädterstraße 313