cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Blake Eggleston <>
Subject Re: Materialized views stability
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 15:50:37 GMT
Hi Hannu,

There are more than a few committers that don't think MVs are currently suitable for production
use. I'm not involved with MV development, so this may not be 100% accurate, but the problems
as I understand them are:

There's no way to determine if a view is out of sync with the base table.
If you do determine that a view is out of sync, the only way to fix it is to drop and rebuild
the view.
There are liveness issues with updates being reflected in the view.

Any one of these issues makes it difficult to recommend for general application development.
I'd say that if you're not super familiar with their shortcomings and are confident you can
fit your use case in them, you're probably better off not using them.