cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Steinmaurer, Thomas" <>
Subject Cassandra 3.11.1 (snapshot build) - io.netty.util.Recycler$Stack memory leak
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2017 09:14:57 GMT

we were facing a memory leak with 3.11.0 (
thus upgraded our loadtest environment to a snapshot build of 3.11.1. Having it running for
> 48 hrs now, we still see a steady increase on heap utilization.

Eclipse memory analyzer shows 147 instances of io.netty.util.Recycler$Stack with a total retained
heap usage of ~ 1,8G, growing over time.

Should this be fixed already by CASSANDRA-13754 or is this something new?

notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN
91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4040 Linz, Austria,
Freist?dterstra?e 313

View raw message