cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Blake Eggleston <beggles...@apple.com>
Subject Re: What is a node's "counter ID?"
Date Sat, 21 Oct 2017 01:17:33 GMT
I believe that’s just referencing a counter implementation detail. If I remember correctly,
there was a fairly large improvement of the implementation of counters in 2.1, and the assignment
of the id would basically be a format migration.

> On Oct 20, 2017, at 9:57 AM, Paul Pollack <paul.pollack@klaviyo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was reading the doc page for nodetool cleanup https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/tools/toolsCleanup.html
because I was planning to run it after replacing a node in my counter cluster and the sentence
"Cassandra assigns a new counter ID to the node" gave me pause. I can't find any other reference
to a node's counter ID in the docs and was wondering if anyone here could shed light on what
this means, and how it would affect the data being stored on a node that had its counter ID
changed?