cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Mohapatra, Kishore" <Kishore.Mohapa...@nuance.com>
Subject RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Increasing VNodes
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 17:50:44 GMT
Thanks a lot for all of your input. We are actually using Cassandra reaper. But it is just
splitting the ranges into 256 per node.
But I will certainly try out splitting into smaller ranges going thru the system.size_estimate
table.

Thanks

Kishore Mohapatra
Principal Operations DBA
Seattle, WA
Email : kishore.mohapatra@nuance.com<mailto:kishore.mohapatra@nuance.com>

From: Jon Haddad [mailto:jonathan.haddad@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jon Haddad
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2017 10:27 AM
To: user <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Increasing VNodes

The site (with the docs) is probably more helpful to learn about how reaper works:  http://cassandra-reaper.io/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cassandra-2Dreaper.io_&d=DwMFAg&c=djjh8EKwHtOepW4Bjau0lKhLlu-DxM1dlgP0rrLsOzY&r=O20_rcIS1QazTO3_J10I1cPIygxnuBZ4sUCz1TS16XE&m=nHN7toaSQUjfwSABx1KXlVHLYmlaEcUMYPHzC3ky5TM&s=oqOGMK4a6er4kSRtzs7B2_A6QB6kb7nQek8NAU5pytI&e=>

On Oct 4, 2017, at 9:54 AM, Chris Lohfink <clohfink85@gmail.com<mailto:clohfink85@gmail.com>>