cassandra-user mailing list archives

From DuyHai Doan <doanduy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does NTP affects LWT's ballot UUID?
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 07:13:42 GMT
The ballot UUID is obtained using QUORUM agreement between replicas for a
given partition key and we use this TimeUUID ballot as write-time for the
mutation.

The only scenario where I can see a problem is that NTP goes backward in
time on a QUORUM of replicas, which would break the contract of
monotonicity. I don't know how likely this event is ...