cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Aiman Parvaiz <ai...@steelhouse.com>
Subject Re: Need help with incremental repair
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2017 22:12:49 GMT
Thanks Blake and Paulo for the response.

Yes, the idea is to go back to non incremental repairs. I am waiting for all the "anticompaction
after repair" activities to complete and in my understanding( thanks to Blake for the explanation
), I can run a full repair on that KS and then get back to my non incremental repair regiment.

I assume that I should mark the SSTs to un repaired first and then run a full repair?

Also, although I am installing Cassandra from package dsc22 on my CentOS 7 I couldn't find
sstable tools installed, need to figure that out too.

________________________________
From: Paulo Motta <pauloricardomg@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 1:56:38 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need help with incremental repair

> Assuming the situation is just "we accidentally ran incremental repair", you shouldn't
have to do anything. It's not going to hurt anything

Once you run incremental repair, your data is permanently marked as
repaired, and is no longer compacted with new non-incrementally
repaired data. This can cause read fragmentation and prevent deleted
data from being purged. If you ever run incremental repair and want to
switch to non-incremental repair, you should manually mark your
repaired SSTables as not-repaired with the sstablerepairedset tool.