cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nitan Kainth <nitankai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restore cassandra snapshots
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:49:46 GMT
Sstableloader is good for small dataset, for bigger snapshots restore is a better option

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 16, 2017, at 7:28 AM, Jean Carlo <jean.jeancarl48@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
> Yes of course, you can use sstableloader from every sstable to your new cluster. Actually
this is the common procedure. Just check the log of cassandra, you shouldn't see any errors
of streaming.

> However, because the fact you are migrating from on cluster of N nodes to another of
N nodes, I believe you can just copy and paste your data node per node and make a nodetool
refresh. Checking obviously the correct names of your sstables.
> You can check the tokens of your node using nodetool info -T
>
> But I think sstableloader is the easy way :)
>

> Saludos
>
> Jean Carlo
>
> "The best way to predict the future is to invent it" Alan Kay
>
>> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Pradeep Chhetri <pradeep@stashaway.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jean,
>>
>> Thank you for the quick response. I am not sure how to achieve that. Can i set the
tokens for a node via cqlsh ?

>> I know that i can check the nodetool rings to get the tokens allocated to a node.
>>
>> I was thinking to basically run sstableloader for each of the snapshots and was assuming
it will load the complete data properly. Isn't that the case.

>> Thank you.
>>
>>> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Jean Carlo <jean.jeancarl48@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Be sure that you have the same tokens distribution than your original cluster.
So if you are going to restore from old node 1 to new node 1, make sure that the new node
and the old node have the same tokens.