cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nitan Kainth <nitankai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuning bootstrap new node
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 12:47:50 GMT
Do not stop compaction, you will end up with thousands of sstables.

You increase stream throughput from default 200 to a heifer value if your network can handle
it.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 31, 2017, at 6:35 AM, Peng Xiao <2535053@qq.com> wrote:
>
> Can we stop the compaction during the new node bootstraping and enable it after the new
node joined?

> Thanks
> From:  "我自己的邮箱";<2535053@qq.com>;
> Date:  Tue, Oct 31, 2017 07:18 PM
> To:  "user"<user@cassandra.apache.org>;
> Subject:  Tuning bootstrap new node
>
> Dear All,
>
> Can we make some tuning to make bootstrap new node more quick?We have a three DC cluster(RF=3
in two DCs,RF=1 in another ,48 nodes in the DC with RF=3).As the Cluster is becoming larger
and larger,we need to spend more than 24 hours to bootstrap a new node.