cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Peng Xiao" <>
Subject 回复:RE: network down between DCs
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:02:19 GMT
Thanks Thomas for the reminder,we will watch the system log.

发件人: "Steinmaurer, Thomas";<>;
发送时间: 2017年9月21日(星期四) 下午5:17
收件人: ""<>;

主题: RE: network down between DCs

within the default hint window of 3 hours, the hinted handoff mechanism should take care of
that, but we have seen that  failing from time to time (depending on the load) in 2.1 with
some sort of tombstone related issues causing failing requests on the system hints table.
So, watch out any sign of hinted handoff troubles in the Cassandra log.
Hint storage has been re-written in 3.0+ to flat files, thus tombstone related troubles in
that area should be gone.