cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Peng Xiao" <2535...@qq.com>
Subject 回复: data loss in different DC
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 02:15:51 GMT
Thanks All

发件人: "Jeff Jirsa";<jjirsa@gmail.com>;
发送时间: 2017年9月28日(星期四) 晚上9:16
收件人: "user"<user@cassandra.apache.org>;

主题: Re: data loss in different DC

Your quorum writers are only guaranteed to be on half+1 nodes - there’s no guarantee which
nodes those will be. For strong consistency with multiple DCs, You can either:

- write at quorum and read at quorum from any dc, or
- write each_quorum and read local_quorum from any dc, or
- write at local_quorum and read local_quorum from the same DC only

--
Jeff Jirsa

> On Sep 28, 2017, at 2:41 AM, Peng Xiao <2535053@qq.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> We have a cluster with one DC1:RF=3,another DC DC2:RF=1 only for ETL,but we found that
sometimes we can query records in DC1,while not able not find the same record in DC2 with
local_quorum.How it happens?