cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Soika <ralph.so...@imixs.com>
Subject Self-healing data integrity?
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2017 08:07:28 GMT
Hi,

I am searching for a big data storage solution for the Imixs-Workflow
project. I started with Hadoop until I became aware of the
'small-file-problem'. So I am considering using Cassandra now.

But Hadoop has one important feature for me. The replicator continuously
examines whether data blocks are consistent across all datanodes. This
will detect disk errors and automatically move data from defective
blocks to working blocks. I think this is called 'self-healing mechanism'.

Is there a similar feature in Cassandra too?

Thanks for help

Ralph