cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Steinmaurer, Thomas" <thomas.steinmau...@dynatrace.com>
Subject RE: network down between DCs
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2017 09:17:58 GMT
Hi,

within the default hint window of 3 hours, the hinted handoff mechanism should take care of
that, but we have seen that failing from time to time (depending on the load) in 2.1 with
some sort of tombstone related issues causing failing requests on the system hints table.
So, watch out any sign of hinted handoff troubles in the Cassandra log.

Hint storage has been re-written in 3.0+ to flat files, thus tombstone related troubles in
that area should be gone.

Thomas

From: Hannu Kröger [mailto:hkroger@gmail.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 21. September 2017 10:32
To: Peng Xiao <2535053@qq.com>; user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: network down between DCs

Hi,

That’s correct.

You need to run repairs only after a node/DC/connection is down for more then max_hint_window_in_ms.

Cheers,
Hannu

On 21 September 2017 at 11:30:44, Peng Xiao (2535053@qq.com<mailto:2535053@qq.com>)
wrote:
Hi there,

We have two DCs for a Cassandra Cluster,if the network is down less than 3 hours(default hint
window),with my understanding,it will recover automatically,right?Do we need to run repair
manually?

Thanks,
Peng Xiao
notify us immediately and then destroy it. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN
91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4040 Linz, Austria,
Freistädterstraße 313