cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <>
Subject Re: Pending-range-calculator during bootstrapping
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:12:32 GMT
This has been reported by other users with very large clusters and vnodes.

Both this thread and 9258 call this a regression, but don’t mention which version you’re
upgrading from (or which of your two versions below see the high CPU).

This is a compelling reason to use fewer vnodes per instance if you expect to have a very
large cluster.

Jeff Jirsa

> On Sep 22, 2017, at 4:44 AM, Durity, Sean R <> wrote:
> I don’t know a specific issue with these versions, but in general you do not want to
do ANY streaming operations (bootstrap or repair) between Cassandra versions. I would get
all the nodes (in all DCs) to the same version and then try the bootstrap.
> Sean Durity
rt ,and we noticed that it's mainly costing on Pending-range-calculator ,this did not happen
> We are using C* 2.1.13 in one DC,2.1.18 in another DC.
> Could anyone please advise on this?
> Thanks,
> Peng Xiao
> The information in this Internet Email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Email by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed
conditions expressed in any applicable governing The  Home Depot terms of business or client