cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Reynolds <creyno...@ancestry.com>
Subject Invalid Gossip generation with Cassandra 2.1.12
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 20:30:28 GMT
Calling all super heros.

I have a long standing Cassandra 2.1.12 ring that has an occasional node that gets restarted
and then is flagged with the invalid gossip generation error leaving him down in nodetool
status but the logs make it look like the nodes is ok.

It’s only when I look at the other nodes logs that I see there are pointing to the invalid
gossip generation error and marking him down.

I know this issue has been fixed in 2.1.13 but how can I Install the fixed version and roll
restart on a production ring without seeing the error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated