cassandra-user mailing list archives

From qf zhou <zhouqf2...@gmail.com>
Subject old big tombstone data file occupy much disk space
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 06:04:36 GMT
I am using  a cluster with  3 nodes and  the cassandra version is 3.0.9. I have used it about
6 months. Now each node has about 1.5T data in the disk.
 I found some sstables file are over 300G. Using the  sstablemetadata command,  I found it:
 Estimated droppable tombstones: 0.9622972799707109.
 It is obvious that too much tombstone data exists.
The default_time_to_live = 8640000(100 days) and   gc_grace_seconds = 432000(5 days).  Using
nodetool  compactionstats, I found the some compaction processes exists.
So I really  want to know how to clear tombstone data ?  otherwise the disk space will cost
too much.
I really need some help, because some few people know cassandra in my company.
Thank you very much!