cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Henneaux <Nicolas.Henne...@arhs-developments.com>
Subject Re: Datastax Driver Mapper & Secondary Indexes
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2017 06:43:25 GMT
If you just use the Cassandra default mapper, you can also use the class defined in the Stack
Overflow answer https://stackoverflow.com/a/45073242/1630604 to generate the DDL from your
entities.

Nicolas HENNEAUX

From: DuyHai Doan <doanduyhai@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 26 September 2017 at 15:17
To: user <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Datastax Driver Mapper & Secondary Indexes

If you're looking for schema generation from Bean annotations: https://github.com/doanduyhai/Achilles/wiki/DDL-Scripts-Generation

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Daniel Hölbling-Inzko <daniel.hoelbling-inzko@bitmovin.com<mailto:daniel.hoelbling-inzko@bitmovin.com>>
wrote:
Hi, I also just figured out that there is no schema generation off the mapper.
Thanks for pointing me to the secondary index info. I'll have a look.

greetings Daniel

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 at 09:42 kurt greaves <kurt@instaclustr.com<mailto:kurt@instaclustr.com>>
wrote:
If you've created a secondary index you simply query it by specifying it as part of the where
clause. Note that you should really understand the drawbacks of secondary indexes before using
them, as they might not be incredibly efficient depending on what you need them for.
http://www.wentnet.com/blog/?p=77 and https://pantheon.io/blog/cassandra-scale-problem-secondary-indexes
might help.

On 26 September 2017 at 07:17, Daniel Hölbling-Inzko <daniel.hoelbling-inzko@bitmovin.com<mailto:daniel.hoelbling-inzko@bitmovin.com>>