cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: data loss in different DC
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 13:16:13 GMT
Your quorum writers are only guaranteed to be on half+1 nodes - there’s no guarantee which
nodes those will be. For strong consistency with multiple DCs, You can either:

- write at quorum and read at quorum from any dc, or
- write each_quorum and read local_quorum from any dc, or
- write at local_quorum and read local_quorum from the same DC only

--
Jeff Jirsa

> On Sep 28, 2017, at 2:41 AM, Peng Xiao <2535053@qq.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> We have a cluster with one DC1:RF=3,another DC DC2:RF=1 only for ETL,but we found that
sometimes we can query records in DC1,while not able not find the same record in DC2 with
local_quorum.How it happens?