cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eric Evans <john.eric.ev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Analysis of the jvm heap cassandra
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 14:48:44 GMT
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Jean Carlo <jean.jeancarl48@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am analysing a dump of 11GB and I am using eclipse memory analyser.
>
> I would like to know if you guys really need a machine with 32GB to analyse
> a dump of G1GC of 30GB or there is another smarter way to do that.

It's been my experience that recent versions of MAT are capable of
working in available memory less than the heap size.  I wouldn't
hazard a guess exactly what it would take for a 30G heap, but I've
(lately) done OK with analyzing 12G heaps using a MAT max heap size of
4G.

--
Eric Evans
john.eric.evans@gmail.com