cassandra-user mailing list archives

From qf zhou <zhouqf2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: old big tombstone data file occupy much disk space
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 08:07:48 GMT
When I run the command,  the following occurs and  it returns null.

Is it normal ?

echo "run -b org.apache.cassandra.db:type=CompactionManager forceUserDefinedCompaction mc-100963-big-Data.db"
| java -jar /opt/cassandra/tools/jmx/jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar   -l localhost:7199

Welcome to JMX terminal. Type "help" for available commands.
$>run -b org.apache.cassandra.db:type=CompactionManager forceUserDefinedCompaction mc-100963-big-Data.db
#calling operation forceUserDefinedCompaction of mbean org.apache.cassandra.db:type=CompactionManager
#operation returns:
null

> 在 2017年9月1日,下午3:49,Nicolas Guyomar <nicolas.guyomar@gmail.com>
写道:

> Hi,
>
> Last time I used forceUserDefinedCompaction, I got myself a headache because I was trying
to use a full path like you're doing, but in fact it just need the sstable as parameter

> Can you just try :
>
> echo "run -b org.apache.cassandra.db:type=CompactionManager forceUserDefinedCompaction
mc-100963-big-Data.db" | java -jar /opt/cassandra/tools/jmx/jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar
 -l localhost:7199

> On 1 September 2017 at 08:29, qf zhou <zhouqf2013@gmail.com <mailto:zhouqf2013@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> dataPath=/hdd3/cassandra/data/gps/gpsfullwithstate-073e51a0cdb811e68dce511be6a305f6/mc-100963-big-Data.db
> echo "run -b org.apache.cassandra.db:type=CompactionManager forceUserDefinedCompaction
$dataPath" | java -jar /opt/cassandra/tools/jmx/jmxterm-1.0-alpha-4-uber.jar   -l localhost:7199

> In the above, I am using a jmx method. But it seems that the file size doesn’t change.
My command is wrong ?

> > 在 2017年9月1日,下午2:17,Jeff Jirsa <jjirsa@gmail.com <mailto:jjirsa@gmail.com>>
写道:

> > User defined compaction to do a single sstable compaction on just that sstable
> >
> > It's a nodetool command in very recent versions, or a jmx method in older versions
> >

> > --
> > Jeff Jirsa
> >

> >> On Aug 31, 2017, at 11:04 PM, qf zhou <zhouqf2013@gmail.com <mailto:zhouqf2013@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> >> I am using  a cluster with  3 nodes and  the cassandra version is 3.0.9. I have
used it about 6 months. Now each node has about 1.5T data in the disk.
> >> I found some sstables file are over 300G. Using the  sstablemetadata command,
 I found it:  Estimated droppable tombstones: 0.9622972799707109.
> >> It is obvious that too much tombstone data exists.
> >> The default_time_to_live = 8640000(100 days) and   gc_grace_seconds = 432000(5
days).  Using nodetool  compactionstats, I found the some compaction processes exists.