cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Myrle Krantz <ojq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Column addition and Locking
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2017 13:21:09 GMT
There's a tool in the early stages of development here:

https://github.com/mifosio/cassandra/tree/develop/src/main/java/io/mifos/core/cassandra/core

That is part of a mass of code which is currently under (slow) discussion to be added to the
Apache Fineract project. ALV2 license.

I wouldn't be sad if it landed at Cassandra instead.

Regards,
Myrle

Sent from my iPhone

> On 8. Sep 2017, at 16:33, Deepak Panda <deepak.panda@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Many Thanks Jeff for the answer and the relevant details. Can you
> please share the bug#?
>
> Are there any opensource tools available for Cassandra which manage
> schema changes for Cassandra?
>
>> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 7:57 PM, Jeff Jirsa <jjirsa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is no lock and it doesn't block existing reads or writes
>>
>> You're already on 3.11, but as a reminder for others there's a bug in 3.0 versions
between (3.0.0 and 3.0.14) and (3.0 and 3.11.0) that can cause corruption when you add columns.
It's fixed in both 3.11.0 and 3.0.14, so if you need to alter your table and you're on a 3.something
version that isn't one of those, upgrade first.