cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mark Furlong <mfurl...@ancestry.com>
Subject RE: Manual repair not showing in the log.
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 21:02:20 GMT
Yes, I have one validation task in my compactionstats.

Thanks
Mark
801-705-7115 office

From: Carlos Rolo [mailto:rolo@pythian.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 2:06 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Manual repair not showing in the log.

Can you check if you have any validation compaction running in nodetool compactionstats?

On 7 Sep 2017 7:56 pm, "Mark Furlong" <mfurlong@ancestry.com<mailto:mfurlong@ancestry.com>>
wrote:
I have started a repair and I received the message ‘Starting repair command #1, repairing
25301 ranges for keyspace x (parallelism=PARALLEL, full=true). When I look in the log for
antientropy repairs I do not see anything for this keyspace. Expecting to see messages for
the merkle trees on each column family in the keyspace… nothing.

The repair appears to not be doing anything, what is it stuck on?

Mark Furlong

Sr. Database Administrator

mfurlong@ancestry.com<mailto:mfurlong@ancestry.com>
M: 801-859-7427